As you spend time in the secular world, whether at work, school or in your neighborhood, you know there is a battle against the Word of God. So, how can you guard your heart against the barrage of fear and negativity? Keep your faith in action every day.
According to Proverbs 4, God says you must keep His Word constantly in your ears and in your heart. He says to guard your heart diligently. To be diligent means “to be hard-working, industrious and persevering.”
Why do you have to be so diligent with the Word? Because the devil is diligent with his junk. He is constantly throwing fiery darts at you. He works diligently to make sure the world is surrounding you with fear, sickness, poverty and every other kind of garbage he can use to destroy you. But you can protect your spirit from those things by conditioning yourself to respond to every one of them with the Word of God. Change your routine, and make a decision right now to begin that spiritual conditioning.
Start today and make speaking the Word part of your daily life. Try these confessions today:
- Father, keep my tongue from evil. Help me to depart from evil, do good, seek peace and pursue it. (1 Peter 3:11)
- I will walk in wisdom, and my speech will be filled with grace . (Colossians 4:6)
- I guard what I say and keep myself from trouble. (Proverbs 13:3)
- I always think about how to answer, even when I am upset. (Proverbs 21:23)
- I give all my cares and troubles to the Lord. I don’t hold onto them or worry and become troubled. I know He takes care of me. (Psalm 55:22)
- I don’t look at or listen to anything that is not pleasing to God. If it is against His Word, I don’t let it into my life. (Psalm 101:3)
- No matter what people around me say, no matter what the doctor says, I know that I know that I know that I am healed by the blood of Jesus! (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24)
- I am not under the curse of sickness. I am not under the curse of poverty. I am not under the curse of lack. I am not under the curse of generational mistakes before me. I am not under the curse of strife. I am free, and I am blessed in Jesus’ Name! (Galatians 3:13)
- I am not friends with the world. I don’t receive what the world has to say about me or my situation. My heart is fixed on the Word of God! (James 4:4)
Speak these words as a part of your daily routine. As you read your Bible each day, locate and highlight more to add to your collection. Then, watch your words, guard your heart and get results!